Saturday 12 December 2009

why can't I be like normal students?


why didn't I decide to go to a normal university, instead of the university of arts, why didn't I get a room in halls? why don't I go fancy dress with all my cool student friends and drink in the SU bar and go to student nights and get my cool student friends to model for me? 

instead I was handed this annoying gene, which makes me want to work my ass off and attempt to be better than everyone and never settle for normal, and to insist on only hanging around with people with real ambition and drive? 

WHY CAN'T I JUST BE NORMAL?! 


it's not even being a normal student, I can't just fancy someone, I have to FALL IN LOVE with someone, I can't just like a piece of clothing/designer... I have to get obsessed with them and get the logo tattooed on my arm. I can't just be content, I'm either extremely depressed or bouncing off of the walls with happiness..... oh jesus christ, why can't I just be normal? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I lovelovelove your blog! It sounds like all the things I've wanted to say/write except I've been too scared to write things down because my last blog had all these scary people from my real life using things like that against me.

    I know exactly what you mean about the student thing, I hated everyone in my halls (bar 1) and spent most of the time eating shit food on my own and watching 4od and being miserable. I went to an SU bar ONCE and had to leave out of sheer DISGUST.

    Also I didn't remember I met you at RankinLive, congrats on getting on so well with that I always wanted a proper job there but ended up just watching portraits on the walls for hours..

    x

    ReplyDelete